NCFC Forums

Full Version: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Secrets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I had a few ideas and comments about this game, but there was no thread so I made one. Don't kill me.
This was made so I could give some suggestions and ideas.

1.) T for Theme
The scrapped Seed game was to feature color-based puzzles and tools. It coincidentally had Farore as an Oracle. I'd like to see this implemented in some way.

2.) T for Trend
In both games, there was a little trend. Din is a Dancer kidnapped by Onox, a Dark Dragon lighting the flame of Despair. Nayru is a Singer kidnapped by Veran, a Shape Shifter lighting the flame of whatever it was. Farore could be a Teacher kidnapped by Ja-whatever, a Three-headed Tiger lighting the flame of Treachery.

3.) T for Triforce
Oh, this idea again...In the beta Seed games, the Triforce was a major point. Maybe in the fully linked game, each Flame-lighter could steal their game's respective Triforce, and the final piece could be given during Secrets to allow for a Medallion-like item. Think Ether, Bombos, Quake, one for each piece. Though the Three-headed Tiger took the Courage, the final piece could disappear. In the final battle, Ganon seems unbeatable, when Courage floats in and gives you the final power. You have a choice here: Continue fighting or return to Faeronet. In the end, Link wishes the Flames to never be lit again.

4.) T for Terms
I'd like the game to look like something on a GBC. Right size, right graphics, right physics and right effects.
(11-13-2012 10:58 PM)Kaizaran Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I had a few ideas and comments about this game, but there was no thread so I made one. Don't kill me.
This was made so I could give some suggestions and ideas.

1.) T for Theme
The scrapped Seed game was to feature color-based puzzles and tools. It coincidentally had Farore as an Oracle. I'd like to see this implemented in some way.

2.) T for Trend
In both games, there was a little trend. Din is a Dancer kidnapped by Onox, a Dark Dragon lighting the flame of Despair. Nayru is a Singer kidnapped by Veran, a Shape Shifter lighting the flame of whatever it was. Farore could be a Teacher kidnapped by Ja-whatever, a Three-headed Tiger lighting the flame of Treachery.

3.) T for Triforce
Oh, this idea again...In the beta Seed games, the Triforce was a major point. Maybe in the fully linked game, each Flame-lighter could steal their game's respective Triforce, and the final piece could be given during Secrets to allow for a Medallion-like item. Think Ether, Bombos, Quake, one for each piece. Though the Three-headed Tiger took the Courage, the final piece could disappear. In the final battle, Ganon seems unbeatable, when Courage floats in and gives you the final power. You have a choice here: Continue fighting or return to Faeronet. In the end, Link wishes the Flames to never be lit again.

4.) T for Terms
I'd like the game to look like something on a GBC. Right size, right graphics, right physics and right effects.

1. According to the Zelda Wiki article "Oracle of Ages was originally going to feature puzzles involving colors. When The Mystical Seed of Courage was canceled, Oracle of Ages took the time travel theme." However, Oracle of Ages still "features" many puzzles involving colors so I'd rather not do something that's already been done.

2. Veran lit the Flame of Sorrow, and General Onox lit the Flame of Destruction. Both flames have to be lit in order to light the Flame of Despair. In Oracle of Secrets, Jarok will light the Flame of Strife. Therefore, let's say you play Oracle of Ages, and Oracle of Secrets as your linked game. Both the Flame of Sorrow and the Flame of Strife would have to be lit in order to light the Flame of Despair.

3. Jarok will be comparable to a soldier. In some ways, he may also be comparable to Link. Both of which are excellent examples of courage. However, perhaps his true form could be a tiger during the final battle with him. As for your triforce idea; that would require significant alterations to all three games. However, if the ultimate quest ever see's the light of day, there will be unique features exclusive to the third quest (Oracle of Secrets).

4. The game will have the same 160x144 resolution as the other games. My goal is to make it look and feel like you're playing an official Oracle series game. In other words, the game will be as comparable to OoA and OoS as to two games are to each other.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. Happy
1.) I haven't played Ages in forever, I was mainly going off of Seasons, so that's probably why I forgot Tongue
2.) I always get Despair and Destruction confused, too many Ds.
2.) T for Trend Revised
As stated before but with some change, I can see Farore being a Storyteller kidnapped by Jarok, a Samurai Seraphim lighting the Flame of Strife. Seraphim is a form of angel and I always wanted to see some kind of fallen angel in Zelda. Maybe Jarok wouldn't have to be fallen; maybe he could be trying to save someone he loves. Maybe a family member is ridden with a disease and Twinrova promised to cure them if Jarok helps with their scheme. That would add some degree of honor to Jarok's motives as well as give him a shitload of badassery. Cool
3.) I can understand; I guess my inner Zelda nerd just wanted to see the Triforce in every game. You wouldn't believe the hours I spent trying to get the Triforce in Ocarina.
4.) That is all I ever wanted of Secrets. About the rest of the story, here's what my 'dream' of secrets would be.
Every oracle has a sacred item based on the cycle of music. There is a dancer's prop, a singer's instrument, and a writer's paper. The oracles use a Rod, a Harp, and a Book. Farore records everyone's secrets in her book, and she uses these secrets to write stories and songs. She reads these stories to anyone who will listen, be it the animals, the people, or Link. She never tells who the secrets belong to, but Jarok is willing to tell. By using the book, he is able to cause Strife throughout Faerinet by rewriting secrets and dreams and changing the world's layout. The Book of Secrets, however, knows the truth. By using the book of secrets, Link can go to the Realm of Secrets were things are how they are intended to be, i.e. how Faerinet is really layed out. There are eight items and eight dungeons Link must get and go through.
2. Well I'm pretty sure there aren't any back stories for Veran and General Onox in the Oracle series. They merely serve Twinrova. Jarok will do the same.

4. The item in this game probably won't be a book. According to the article on Zelda Wiki "The game would have somehow involved the Book of Secrets." However, the book Farore possesses in both games is called Farore's Memory. I don't think there is a Book of Secrets, but I could be wrong. Either way, because Farore's Memory serves a purpose in OoA and OoS, it will also serve the same purpose in Oracle of Secrets. Moreover, I don't like the idea of there being two books.

I'm currently toying with the idea of the item being a mask. In other words, when you wear the "Mask of Secrets" while talking to a gossip stone, you will be transported to the Realm of Secrets.

Yes, there will be eight items in eight dungeons. They will probably be called the Essences of Truth. I was going to go with Essences of Mystery, but with the mystery seeds in the Oracle series, I don't want things to get repetitive.
I recommend Jarok being something other than a soldier, because that seems too much like Onox. A general and a soldier seem like too close. Why not have Jarok be something Water-related? IIRC Veran's and Onox' final forms were ground and sky respectively.
(11-15-2012 08:24 AM)DrevanZero Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend Jarok being something other than a soldier, because that seems too much like Onox. A general and a soldier seem like too close. Why not have Jarok be something Water-related? IIRC Veran's and Onox' final forms were ground and sky respectively.

Good point, but I wasn't planning on actually making him a soldier. I want him to be farely comparable to the possessed green soldiers from Zelda 3 in the same way that Veran is comparable to a wizzrobe and General Onox is comparable to an iron knuckle. I'm thinking of giving him green and yellow armor with the gerudo symbol on his abdomen. I'm probably still making it sound like Jarok and General Onox are too similar, but Veran and General Onox both wear armor. Moreover, the fact that both Jarok and General Onox wear armor is the only similarity between the two. Jarok's overall appearance will be significantly different, and his abilities will be unique. As for your suggestion about making him water-related; I'll take it into consideration.

Thanks! Happy
Considering that Veran possessed Nayru and Onox crystallized Din, I could see three things happening to Farore. A general kidnapping, turning her into a child, or turning her to stone. I also liked how the Subrosians and Gorons had their dances in respective games. Why not have the Zora's do a dance? Also, about the Trend thing I mentioned, there was also the General of (D)arkness and Sorceress of (S)hadows...so how about the Knight of (S)? Whatever S you come up with.

Also, I did some research, and most people agree on one of two things. Farore's Memory isn't the Book of Secrets as the Book is brown, black and red in artwork and the Memory is green. That or it is indeed a book of Secrets. But your game, your choice. For the Title Screen, I'd like to see a brand new Seed graphic, and the BG should be night, as Season's is day and Age's is evening.

If you need any sprite or testing help, I'm your guy. I want to see a Secrets project finished for once.
(11-15-2012 04:43 PM)Kaizaran Wrote: [ -> ]Considering that Veran possessed Nayru and Onox crystallized Din, I could see three things happening to Farore. A general kidnapping, turning her into a child, or turning her to stone. I also liked how the Subrosians and Gorons had their dances in respective games. Why not have the Zora's do a dance? Also, about the Trend thing I mentioned, there was also the General of (D)arkness and Sorceress of (S)hadows...so how about the Knight of (S)? Whatever S you come up with.

Also, I did some research, and most people agree on one of two things. Farore's Memory isn't the Book of Secrets as the Book is brown, black and red in artwork and the Memory is green. That or it is indeed a book of Secrets. But your game, your choice. For the Title Screen, I'd like to see a brand new Seed graphic, and the BG should be night, as Season's is day and Age's is evening.

If you need any sprite or testing help, I'm your guy. I want to see a Secrets project finished for once.

Well turning her into stone is very similar to General Onox crystallizing Din. I currently have the story set up to where Farore chooses to go with Jarok because he threatens to destroy the Maku tree if she doesn't.

There won't be any Zoras in this game, but there will be Maku Scrubs. Perhaps they could do a dance.

I'm actually having a difficult time giving Jarok a title. However, I don't think the title of knight suits him. I've changed his title multiple times, but he's the "Demon of Chaos" at the moment. I really like this title, but I fear it might sound a bit tacky to others.

As for the title screen, different colors aside, the seed graphic in OoA is identical to the one in OoS. That's why I haven't changed it. However, the seed in the game itself will be unique as it was in OoA and OoS.

I don't think it's really known if the OoA title screen is orange because it's evening. It might be the color of the sky in the past. Either way, lets assume that it is evening. You could say that OoSc has a morning title screen.
Reference URL's