FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registrations now open!
Kesha Offline
Head Director

Threads: 48
Registrations now open!
Time to submit your game booths and workshops.

the guidelines from last year are still applicable so be sure to check those out and post here if you have any questions.

Additionally, we're looking for some people to help run some events, if you're interested, here's what we're looking for:
Quote:- Tournament/Competition Organizer; person or people in charge of game tournaments, minigame competitions, trivia night, stuff like that. You don't have to do all of them, but getting someone solidly assigned to this stuff would help a lot.

- European Event Organizer; most of our events are based on American time zones, it'd be great to get someone to help organize things for the European users of NCFC.

hopefully this makes sense, if not feel free to ask for more info

Additionally, if you have ideas for anything NCFC doesn't offer and you want to help out with that then by all means drop me a message or post here about that too.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 12:43 PM by Kesha.)
10-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Find
onpon4 Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Registrations now open!
I'm kind of interested in doing a workshop about Python if I can, but I'm not entirely sure what I could do with it. I'm faced with two problems: one, I imagine not many people here use Python, so I don't think many people would understand me if I tried to delve into Pygame, and two, a simple introduction to Python only leads to being able to develop text programs and utilities, not something I imagine an audience of Nintendo fangamers would be interested in.

On a related note, how do you stream a recording of the desktop? The only programs I know of that can record the desktop record straight to a video file.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2013, 11:56 AM by onpon4.)
11-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Website Find
kommandant Dragmire Offline

Threads: 1
so uh what exactly is the 'act' of registering?

Making a thread with a link to booth?

Or a PM to an admin or wut
11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Find
Gumstone1080 Offline

Hm, I thought about joining, however, my timing is a bit off lol, but I'll be happy to see what new fan games come about within this event :D.
11-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Find
BwdYeti Offline

Threads: 0
(11-02-2012, 08:49 PM)kommandant Dragmire Wrote: so uh what exactly is the 'act' of registering?

Making a thread with a link to booth?

Or a PM to an admin or wut
There's a link to register a booth on the main page
http://nintendocfc.com/register.html
11-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Website Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

Threads: 72
Hi folks. I'm here! I'm currently updating the ol' 2011 NCFC LIvestream page so that it's ready for 2012! If anyone here has a promotional video for their fangame, please send it my way and I will send it to play on the off-stream. Also feel free to ask me if you want Livestream privileges.

http://www.livestream.com/ncfc2011
11-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Find
cdivision Offline

So we can send our trailers to you and they will run on the livestream?

If so,
SMRPG: Starlite Worlds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPeh5i2QO-8

Or do you need a video file?
11-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Find
martijndh Offline

Threads: 10
Here is my video for A legend of Zelda: Horn of Balance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yKT40_ol9E&feature=plcp

How will the livestream be set up this year? My game got skipped last year so I was wondering if a topic can be made which game has (or will be) played on which day? At the very least it will make looking for your own gameplay much more easy.
11-04-2012, 04:00 AM
Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

(11-04-2012, 04:00 AM)martijndh Wrote: Here is my video for A legend of Zelda: Horn of Balance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yKT40_ol9E&feature=plcp

How will the livestream be set up this year? My game got skipped last year so I was wondering if a topic can be made which game has (or will be) played on which day? At the very least it will make looking for your own gameplay much more easy.

This sounds like a good idea. There wasn't really any scheduling last year because the Livestream was basically a last-minute addition, but this time it's at least being prepared publicly a week in advance, and an actual schedule would be killer.

What would also be good is to set a limit on the number of hours any single game can be played during "prime time" hours (When the livestream would have the most viewers), so we don't have all-day-single-game sessions like last year.

As the people who got broadcaster rights last year still have it, any of them is free to arrange a pre-scheduled block of time before the event starts. Ideally this should be done as a collective.

I'd also like this time to feature some Livestream events outside of strictly fangame-broadcasting. Unfortunately I don't have anything of that sort pre-prepared in advance. If anyone does, though, feel free to suggest it to me.

Quote:So we can send our trailers to you and they will run on the livestream?

If so,
SMRPG: Starlite Worlds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPeh5i2QO-8

Or do you need a video file?

Youtube will suffice, but don't be surprised if videos that were from Youtube look lower-quality than other stuff.
11-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Find
Genogenesis7 Offline

Threads: 3
(11-04-2012, 03:19 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote: I'd also like this time to feature some Livestream events outside of strictly fangame-broadcasting. Unfortunately I don't have anything of that sort pre-prepared in advance. If anyone does, though, feel free to suggest it to me.

Well, like I said, I could possibly prepare a 5-minute short along with all of the bumpers I'm making that could be broadcasted at a certain time during ncfc, but that's assuming I'm able to finish it in time.

11-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Find
BwdYeti Offline

Threads: 0
(11-03-2012, 02:27 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote: If anyone here has a promotional video for their fangame, please send it my way and I will send it to play on the off-stream.

Video for Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword
11-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Website Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

Added. :)
11-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Find
Elyk Offline

When does registration end?
11-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

If it's similar to last year, it'll end when it's open.

Oh, yeah, I guess I should ask... What games are returning from last year's NCFC? I may reinstate old trailers if the games are making a return and a new one is not available.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 06:33 PM by KiddoCabbusses.)
11-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Find
onpon4 Offline

My Bowser's Last Stand is returning, but it didn't have a trailer last year. I didn't even know there were trailers.

This acts as a sort of trailer (well, not really a trailer) for Bowser's Last Stand itself, though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aCtHcxIp70

I believe Midas Machine is also returning this year, but I'm sure everyone knows that.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 10:24 PM by onpon4.)
11-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Website Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

Alright. "Bowser's Last Stand" footage is in and the Midas Machine trailer from 2011 has been reinstated.
11-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Find
Gumstone1080 Offline

So we can just send you a trailer (YT link and or video file) of a game we made? Seeing where I am currently at, I can barley provide a tech demo, but I push myself to make a full demo to add to NCFC, however, like I said my timing is a bit off (I am the type of guy that wants everything to be perfect, and or in good shape :D.)

But this off-stream thing, is it just to show trailers of available demos and non playable demos? If so I can create a really nice trailer in no time.

This is an old video I've posted on Zfgc, however, alot has been improved over time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK7UKmxu0Mw

But if it possible for me to provide a demo, I will do so.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012, 01:43 AM by Gumstone1080.)
11-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

I grabbed the Medium-quality version from YT for the stream. I'm not necessarily sure if Livestream even supports 720p. Hrm..
11-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Find
Superdimentiobros Offline

DBDHWC is returning, though it's only new screenshots.
11-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Find
Gumstone1080 Offline

(11-07-2012, 04:16 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote: I grabbed the Medium-quality version from YT for the stream. I'm not necessarily sure if Livestream even supports 720p. Hrm..

Ah, I see, however, I post the trailer up soon, what I post before was just a quick quest run.
I'll see what I can do when I create the trailer.

11-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Find