FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NCFC Media Coverage
ChrisHedgie Offline
Event Staff

Video NCFC Media Coverage
Salutations!

In conjunction per DJ Yoshiman's request, EPIC Music Radio will be hosting his broadcast again this year. The server is all set up and ready for him to use 24/7 throughout the events.

The only thing I am seeking permission for, is to cover some major news and footage of NCFC, kind of like how GameTrailers covers E3 as it's happening. This would be a great way to start my new community involvement within the fan gaming community, as I've learned that I can't make the games, but I sure can play them and hype them up! So, if I may have permission to just do basic coverage (no behind the scenes/secret stuff revealed) of the show and everything, that would be swell.

Thank you kindly! And good luck this year with everything!
10-07-2011 11:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

RE: NCFC Media Coverage
Playing the games? If you plan to do this over Livestream, I could give you producer-level access to the NCFC2011 Livestream room, if that would help you.

As for the radio, is there a good explanation as to how it works, compared to how the one in SAGExpo works?
10-07-2011 11:46 PM
Find all posts by this user
ChrisHedgie Offline
Event Staff

(10-07-2011 11:46 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote:  Playing the games? If you plan to do this over Livestream, I could give you producer-level access to the NCFC2011 Livestream room, if that would help you.

As for the radio, is there a good explanation as to how it works, compared to how the one in SAGExpo works?

It's not over Livestream, it's more making the videos and previews and reviews myself, kind of like IGN does for their games, again - my site is going to be more about reviewing fan games, and new indie games and such. Shortly after posting this, I saw that you were handling a Livestream of the convention.

Heh, if you want to put in E3 terms, you're more like the actual floor people, being there and livestreaming it, while I'm more like post-E3 gametrailers, just posting stuff. I just thought NCFC would be a good start for my site.

As far as radio goes, I wasn't here for SAGExpo this year, so I'm not sure if it's the same. All I know is, it's exactly the same as last year's NCFC.
10-07-2011 11:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

Well, here's some notes I recall from last SAGExpo's Radio streams:

1) SAGExpo normally runs on Shoutcast; an attempt to shift to Icecast this year basically bombed because of a lack of DJs that could work with Icecast.

2) The most popular programs on regular days were the "SAGE Minute", where Shadix, myself, and others discussed things going on in SAGExpo.

3) Certain radio events - but especially celebrity guests - were mirrored on both the Radio and the Livestream. These were easily the most popular events overall. They included the Space Town Savior concert, Andross' Fanfiction Hour (featuring Dom and LittleKuriboh), the Naoto Oshima interview, and the Badnik Design Contest Results (featuring Mike Pollock).

Generally, the "rules" of the radio were that both "regular" (Events that happened everyday, such as "The SAGE Minute" which was a talk program about SAGExpo happenings) and "major" events (Anything featuring a special guest, or a NCFC Competition) are pre-scheduled, and the appropriate Radio DJ must be present for them. For when nothing is scheduled, an off-stream can play, and anyone who wants to DJ at point could interrupt it. These same rules applied to the Livestream.

The Livestream, BTW, was a bit stricter on professionalism rules than the radio (probably because it was both newer and more popular than the radio). As an example, Shadix told me not to use any inappropriate humor when streaming Livestream video.
10-10-2011 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user