FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Legend of Zelda: Threads of Despair
TDWP_FTW Offline

The Legend of Zelda: Threads of Despair
[Image: logoqi.png]

Introduction:

The Legend of Zelda: Threads of Despair is a Zelda fan game, that combines traditional gameplay aspects of the classic 2D Zelda games with modern mechanics, such as precise bow aiming, unique graphical effects, such as sun rays during sunny weather, or lights from building windows at night, and much, much more.

Screenshots:

I've selected a few screenshots that I like the most out of the 9 in the booth page. You can find more screenshots in the game's booth, which I'll have a link to at the bottom of this post.

[Image: screen_2.png] [Image: screen_4.png]
[Image: screen_6.png] [Image: screen_7.png]

Download:

- Full Game (.exe + music) Size: 66.77 MB
- Standalone (.exe only) Size: 13.14 MB

Other Info:

Be sure to check out the game's booth, which you can find HERE. Info such as controls, current features/items in the game, and other info you'll need are listed there. Enjoy, and be sure to "Like" TLoZ: ToD in the Booth List or post some feedback here if you like it!
10-23-2011 03:13 AM
Find all posts by this user
Slifer Horus Offline

RE: The Legend of Zelda: Threads of Despair
Heya bro, I'm curious, what engine did you use to make this?
10-24-2011 11:36 AM
TDWP_FTW Offline

(10-24-2011 11:36 AM)Slifer Horus Wrote:  Heya bro, I'm curious, what engine did you use to make this?

I'm using Game Maker 8.1 (Started in 7). If you mean engine within Game Maker, I made everything from scratch, except what's listed in the credits (Which you can find on the booth's page).
10-24-2011 05:46 PM
Slifer Horus Offline

Wow so you must have coded the whole thing from scratch then? Do you have anyone else on your team?
10-24-2011 05:59 PM
TDWP_FTW Offline

(10-24-2011 05:59 PM)Slifer Horus Wrote:  Wow so you must have coded the whole thing from scratch then? Do you have anyone else on your team?

Not the whole thing. A few scripts, such as the HUD hearts and desaturation for the pictobox were obtained elsewhere (Check the credits). And no, I'm working alone. I have a friend who's been helping with NPC sprites though, even though I haven't added them into the actual game yet.
10-24-2011 06:09 PM
TDWP_FTW Offline

Just a little update for future reference. I'm going to be changing the name of the game to "The Legend of Zelda: Path of Revelation" once NCFC is over and everything (Not officially changing it until after, to avoid causing confusion). If you plan on following the game and future updates, you can keep track of them here: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=37358.0
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2011 11:08 PM by TDWP_FTW.)
10-27-2011 11:07 PM