FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword
Myke Offline

Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword
Fire Emblem
Immortal Sword

Founded in 2008, Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword (sometimes called FE7x) is a fan-made game built on the XNA platform and set before the events of Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (the first title released internationally). A not-for-profit project, FE7x is modelled after Nintendo's Fire Emblem series, developed by Intelligent Systems.
All staff members are volunteers, and are mostly young adult students. Once the project is completed, it is the intent of the administration to continue with another project - and hopefully many more.

The Fire Emblem series is defined as a 'fantasy tactical role-playing video game franchise', and the games are famous for innovation and for having deeply developed characters.
Visit Wikipedia for more information.

Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword website

[Image: 48b27b2103dd76f5a270b07a8468b7c6.png]

[Image: 7xScreencapTest.gif][Image: 7xSwordKamaitachiCrit.gif]

FEXP

[Image: 7d8b7ffa710d146027c822adfa70f5dd.png]

FEXP is a conversion of the RPGMaker XP, scripted and built over the course of FE7x's development. The idea was to give the community a toolkit for creating quality Jtactics games, regardless of their expertise in coding.
The current FE7x release was built in FEXP, and it is available for download here. The linked forum also includes support and resource threads for potential builders.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2011 06:43 PM by Myke.)
10-23-2011 05:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Slifer Horus Offline

RE: Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword
I played your game and reviewed it (wouldnt shock me if you read it by now since it's been over a week) and I have to say the thing that bugged me more than anything was that it felt like you were cramming as much "descriptive" dialog in there compared to "story" and "character" driven dialog. I played it a couple more times (just because TR2 is handing me my ass) and I tried to glean something out of it, but it's very difficult to do. There was a whole chunk in there describing almost the entire level before the level even came up, and a big rambling part about some nation that I know nothing about that I felt could have been left out or replaced with relevant character dialog. I did enjoy some parts of it quite a bit (Like when Melany and Uther have their little spat) but the other parts I felt were dragging it down. I would recommend focusing more strongly (assuming releases in the near future will still be just demo releases) on character development and a more solid plot foundation, instead of this "rambling" thing you have going on. (The other word isn't coming to me lol!!) Over all I liked it a lot but the dialog was just putting me to sleep man. No offense hope you guys keep working on this amazing hack/game.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011 05:35 AM by Slifer Horus.)
10-31-2011 01:03 AM
Find all posts by this user
Myke Offline

I'm sorry you feel that way! These trial maps are one-shot things, and though they aren't actually part of the FE7x canon they are all set during the intermission - after all the backstories have been discussed and all the relationships have been defined. The character development was restricted to group dynamic, and how the characters expressed themselves. Bennet and Fargus have no association with Hassar's band in the main plot, but by using them in the trial map I was able to explore their personalities in different roles. In the main release, with such things as support conversations and, you know, actual plot, you'll find what you're looking for.
However, political intrigue will always be a main theme in FE7x's writing, so if you aren't interested in the world of Elibe then you might have difficulty enjoying the game. If it's just because you're unfamiliar with the setting, then I guess that's my fault for not including all the pertinent information!
11-01-2011 07:43 AM
Slifer Horus Offline

Another possibility I assumed was that the trial maps would be one of those things where once the final game is made you can go back and play the trial maps and get the small references I just know I'm missing :D However considering politics is very boring to many people I do hope you don't make it too sloggish (perhaps a tweakable "political" option? :P haha) and yes if possible do make sure that you include the information we need to grasp what's going on, as not everyone has spent the last 3 years thoroughly researching the Elibe cannon. haha
11-01-2011 12:39 PM
Myke Offline

Well, I don't want to go leaking stuff here but as tight-lipped as I have to be I can mention that we are including a codex-type database in the vein of the Civopedia or the journal from Dark Dawn. You will be able to revise plot elements at whatever depth you care to, either through the main menu or even the battle menu - we've yet to fully develop the idea!
11-17-2011 11:56 AM
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

(11-01-2011 12:39 PM)Slifer Horus Wrote:  Another possibility I assumed was that the trial maps would be one of those things where once the final game is made you can go back and play the trial maps and get the small references I just know I'm missing :D However considering politics is very boring to many people I do hope you don't make it too sloggish (perhaps a tweakable "political" option? :P haha) and yes if possible do make sure that you include the information we need to grasp what's going on, as not everyone has spent the last 3 years thoroughly researching the Elibe cannon. haha

Perhaps the poltiics parts would be fun if all the character portraits for those parts were based on American political figures we love to hate? :D

I can just imagine someone talking about a "Series of Tubes" on FE right now...
11-18-2011 11:55 PM