Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mario´s Deadly Flight - 4 stars
DoctorM64 Offline

Mario´s Deadly Flight - 4 stars
General commentary/overview:
I was expecting something like the Mario shooter I saw last year here. Little did I know how awesome this little game turned out to be.

Pros:
Consistent style, simple gameplay, many powerups and bosses!

Cons:
A little too much of the experience relies on chance. Depending on your luck, you could end in a non-stop powerup spree, or barely surviving with the starting pea-shooter.

Gameplay
I know this is a minigame that´s supposed to use only 2 buttons total. For the most part going up or down works perfectly fine, and there were just 1 or 2 bosses where I wanted full control.
Powerups, specially if you get lucky, are really fun to use. (LV3 Pink Flower!!!!)
If there were some sort of "consolation" powerup that appears once a certain time without items has passed, this would minimize the frustration. But since there´s more than one live, the challenge gets quite balanced.
Oh, and a score multiplier/combo system could make it even more competitive (I got 14th in the rankings).

Graphics
Standard SNES Mario style, very consistent. No surprises here, but that´s good.

Sound
There was one techno-ish song that made the game feel much more action packed. The rest was fine. The option to turn voices off was a nice touch.

Replay
Score hunters will play this forever, casual people like me will appreciate some more risk vs. reward score opportunities.

Final words
Make this a full game!

Final Score
4 stars out of 5
10-24-2011 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user
Supernova Offline

RE: Mario´s Deadly Flight - 4 stars
Thanks, very appreciated! But I might not further expanding this game since my computer issue.

[Image: 7FonVI7.png]
10-25-2011 07:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user