Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NCFC Livestream discussion.
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

NCFC Livestream discussion.
Hey, folks! The NCFC Livestream has been going for a few days now!

http://www.livestream.com/ncfc2011

Be sure to check it out! Many volunteers have played the fangames on the stream -LIVE- for your entertainment, and this will continue through the week!

The archives include playthroughs of games like Psycho Waluigi, AM2R, The Midas Machine, Zelda: Magic Keys, and more! Also, when there are no streamers, trailers take up the off-time, so folks can get quick looks at some of the games!

My own live recordings are also archived on my Youtube page;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6MU7avcnWI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foDQu1zJS34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCRhX83zQ3Q

If you want to stream something on the Livestream, please contact me and I'll add you to Producer status. If it's related to NCFC - or if it's just too cool to miss - then it should be A-OK!

You may use this thread to discuss the various Livestream shows, recordings, the trailers, or anything else related.
10-25-2011 02:31 AM
Find all posts by this user
AuraLancer Offline

RE: NCFC Livestream discussion.
I'm posting here to say that the live stream for this year was an excellent idea, and it should be kept hereafter.
10-28-2011 02:49 PM
Genogenesis7 Offline

Hey Kiddo, I've got a question to ask you.

Since there's not a lot I can do to contribute this year, I was hoping you'd let me create a set of stopmotion bumpers and what have you for the NCFC livestream channel. I've amassed a treasure trove of Nintendo-related action figures, and I think it'd be really cool to make some animations with them for NCFC. It'd basically just be characters announcing different things and such. I could whip up some in the 8 days before NCFC, it wouldn't take that long. What do you think?
11-03-2012 10:56 AM
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

That would be good, because I don't really have anything prepared myself! lol!

Would you have me upload them, or do want Broadcaster privileges so you can upload them yourself and arrange the ads in the order you'd like?
11-03-2012 02:31 PM
Genogenesis7 Offline

(11-03-2012 02:31 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote:  That would be good, because I don't really have anything prepared myself! lol!

Would you have me upload them, or do want Broadcaster privileges so you can upload them yourself and arrange the ads in the order you'd like?

Lol, to tell you the truth, I still have broadcaster privileges from last year! That would explain a certain scene from a certain Weird Al Yankovic movie being streamed there for most of today... Tongue

Mmmkay, I'll get some stuff ready! Also, would it be cool if I prepared a 5 minute stopmotion short to broadcast one day as well? Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 11:05 AM by Genogenesis7.)
11-04-2012 12:40 AM
Genogenesis7 Offline

Okay, I'm in the process of editing the bumpers. I'll start uploading them today as I finish them. ;)
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 02:38 PM by Genogenesis7.)
11-04-2012 02:27 PM
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

Alright, all that sounds good.

Although, the Weird Al thing's probably gonna have to go before the actual stuff begins. It's kinda wayyy off-topic. :P
11-04-2012 03:10 PM
Genogenesis7 Offline

lol that sounds fine. :D
11-04-2012 05:12 PM
Genogenesis7 Offline

Hey Kiddo, what do you think of my bumpers so far? There are still plenty more to come!
11-04-2012 10:44 PM
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

Apologies, I was gone most the day. I'll check them in a bit.
11-05-2012 02:34 AM
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

Just updating to say that I've beeen making my own little stopmotion videos with what I have. They're on the off-stream now.
11-06-2012 06:27 PM
Genogenesis7 Offline

those are pretty funny :D

I shall be uploading the rest of mine in due time. I've got schoolwork and stuff. :\
11-06-2012 08:23 PM
Superdimentiobros Offline

So you want trailers for the livestream?
Here's one for Abducted Toad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD06aMhI4TY

[Image: abductedtoadbanner.png]
Also MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and I HAVE A TUMBLR TOO
11-07-2012 09:16 PM
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

(11-07-2012 09:16 PM)Superdimentiobros Wrote:  So you want trailers for the livestream?
Here's one for Abducted Toad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD06aMhI4TY

Added!

I'm still working on little shorts, BTW.
11-07-2012 10:00 PM
Hello Offline

You can use footage from my game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2ACsdYqk8k
11-07-2012 10:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

Also added, although that's a bit of a long piece of footage.
11-08-2012 07:00 AM
onpon4 Offline

There's a lot of long pieces of footage there, or there was when I checked yesterday. Maybe some of them should be cut (e.g. down to 2 minutes)? A lot of these could easily be down to 30 seconds as far as I can tell, but they seem to go on and on (one that seemed particularly long, though I didn't time anything, was some kind of 2-player puzzle game as far as I could tell, and it easily could have been under 30 seconds, but it just went on and on for no real reason).

That of course includes Bowser's Last Stand; I would cut it right after the first flagpole (the one in the cutscene), since the rest is just gameplay. Still a little long at 2 1/2 minutes, but a lot shorter.
11-08-2012 01:57 PM
cdivision Offline

(11-08-2012 01:57 PM)onpon4 Wrote:  There's a lot of long pieces of footage there, or there was when I checked yesterday. Maybe some of them should be cut (e.g. down to 2 minutes)? A lot of these could easily be down to 30 seconds as far as I can tell, but they seem to go on and on (one that seemed particularly long, though I didn't time anything, was some kind of 2-player puzzle game as far as I could tell, and it easily could have been under 30 seconds, but it just went on and on for no real reason).

That of course includes Bowser's Last Stand; I would cut it right after the first flagpole (the one in the cutscene), since the rest is just gameplay. Still a little long at 2 1/2 minutes, but a lot shorter.

I agree. My video was only like less than a minute long so I feel like it'd barely get airtime proportionally. Videos don't need to be all that long. I don't really mind to be honest, but if others are in favor of cutting, I'll support them.
11-08-2012 02:38 PM
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

(11-08-2012 01:57 PM)onpon4 Wrote:  There's a lot of long pieces of footage there, or there was when I checked yesterday. Maybe some of them should be cut (e.g. down to 2 minutes)? A lot of these could easily be down to 30 seconds as far as I can tell, but they seem to go on and on (one that seemed particularly long, though I didn't time anything, was some kind of 2-player puzzle game as far as I could tell, and it easily could have been under 30 seconds, but it just went on and on for no real reason).

If it's any consolation, I'll probably toss the non-fangame stuff if the playlist gets too long. Those were mostly there for padding/lols anyway. The specific example you're using is actually such (It's a Satellaview ROM dump, pretty much got it up on author appeal), so it probably would be deleted by the time NCFC itself is online.

Anyhow, re-checking the lengths of various videos and I figured I'd make some more comments about length and adjusting the playlist so that long videos don't hog the off-stream:

1) Would like to have the footage for "Zelda Untitled" and "Tzar Turmoil' trimmed down especially, if anyone here would want to get on that.

2) Bowser's Last Stand could be trimmed as well but I won't push so hard for a video less than 5 minutes long. Regardless

3) For anything that's absolutely not being trimmed; Trailer Videos more than 5 minutes long are going further back in the playlist, meaning the shorter ones will go first and the longer ones are more likely to be pre-empted by a Live broadcast.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 03:55 PM by KiddoCabbusses.)
11-08-2012 03:10 PM
onpon4 Offline

Here's a trimmed Bowser's Last Stand video:

http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=4374330

In a Zip file because despite this file host saying it accepts video, it refuses to accept the standard WebM format... >_>
11-09-2012 01:05 AM