Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister) · Back to NCFC
Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NCFC Livestream discussion.
Arch Offline

RE: NCFC Livestream discussion.
If you're looking for Mac-able games, there are Mac versions of VisualBoyAdvance that will play Elibian Nights, and I'd be happy to send a patch your way.
11-12-2012 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

Geno, will the browser-based Fire Emblem World tour game or whatever it is work on your end?
11-12-2012 06:10 PM
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

Little update time for those who want to Livestream.

I've made a generic user login/pass.
Anyone who wishes to Livestream and doesn't want to reg a Livestream account is free to request it from me.
11-14-2012 01:49 AM
Supernova Offline

I might able to livestream tomorrow from certain games and I've already have a livestream streaming software installed on my computer. PM me for login please? Thanks Kiddo.

[Image: 7FonVI7.png]
11-14-2012 01:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
BuzzNBen Offline

(11-14-2012 01:57 AM)Supernova Wrote:  I might able to livestream tomorrow from certain games and I've already have a livestream streaming software installed on my computer. PM me for login please? Thanks Kiddo.

Could you play my games supernova? :D
Thank's. Cool

Super Mario Brothers Doomsday
Super Mario Brothers Attack of the Bloopers

My Website

[Image: esszm1.jpg]
Main Administrator & Founder of Super Mario Bros Doomsday

[Image: eleventhdoc5carn.png][Image: clara1carn.png][Image: tardis2010carn.png]
A fangamer through all of time and space!
11-14-2012 03:11 AM
Supernova Offline

Sure. Since you built it out of my engine, it's gonna be a breeze.

[Image: 7FonVI7.png]
11-14-2012 03:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

PM Sent.
11-14-2012 10:49 AM
BuzzNBen Offline

(11-14-2012 03:24 AM)Supernova Wrote:  Sure. Since you built it out of my engine, it's gonna be a breeze.

OH yea... Winking

Super Mario Brothers Doomsday
Super Mario Brothers Attack of the Bloopers

My Website

[Image: esszm1.jpg]
Main Administrator & Founder of Super Mario Bros Doomsday

[Image: eleventhdoc5carn.png][Image: clara1carn.png][Image: tardis2010carn.png]
A fangamer through all of time and space!
11-14-2012 11:02 AM
Aero88 Offline

I just watch the live stream recording TLOZ: Shattered Dimensions, and I am not sure why it was running so slow... Ugh, that was painful. It runs much faster then that on my computer. Also there was more to the demo. There is a screen to the right of the room with the beach sand in which you can test the lens of truth. as well as two more rooms after that. just FYI. Thanks for trying it out!
11-17-2012 03:44 PM
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

Aero88, I will give another reminder: The computer I was running things on this year was an old Win XP beast. Many games ran slower than on other's computers (Apparently I made Purple Coin look boring), and some lagged to the point of being unplayable.

In many cases it was quite obvious this was due to poor code optimization (Horn of Balance, for example, ran fine, up until I entered one room and then it'd crawl to a halt). There were many games that didn't really have a good reason to be as slow as they were. In contrast, a game which was better optimized code-wise than last year (Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword) ran almost completely smoothly. In many other cases it was simply the limitations of working with a pre-made game engine such as MMF, as IIRC most of these engines are resource hogs by nature.

Also, while not related to my problems, there were many games that had issues running on Windows 8 that affected the other Livestreamers.

I hope next year I have a better computer. If not, I hope next year the games are better optimized.
11-17-2012 03:51 PM
Aero88 Offline

Makes sense. Yeah there is a good chance that my code could be optimized... I am always learning better ways of doing things. I just thought I would make a mention of it. Thanks for trying it out though.
11-17-2012 04:06 PM
martijndh Offline

(11-17-2012 03:51 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote:  In many cases it was quite obvious this was due to poor code optimization (Horn of Balance, for example, ran fine, up until I entered one room and then it'd crawl to a halt).

Could you clarify which area you are talking about so that I can work to improve it for future releases? Or was it meant in general? The framerate issues in the first streaming where due to a typo and those should have been fixed in the second attempt.

Sorry about the terrible issues this year btw. I actually had several people playtest it well in advance, but decided to include some last minute fixes. Which let to issues.... I tried to adress those as well (to possibly get a second streaming), but broke even more by doing so. My lesson from this year is pretty clear: leave well enough alone Sad
11-17-2012 06:23 PM
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

It was those two rooms in the Desert Palace with the things that shot the marbles... whatever they're called.

Basically, the more marbles that were shot, the more slowdown happened, until it basically became unplayable. And the marbles were shot fairly quickly, too.
11-17-2012 08:43 PM
martijndh Offline

Thank you for the feedback. I'll get on it.
11-18-2012 06:32 AM
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Administrator

BTW, folks, I've just gotten around to uploading what I got archived of my Livestreams on to Youtube. This includes most of my streams from Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, the Minigame Contest entries stream, and some Horn of Balance gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/kiddocabbusses
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2012 01:10 PM by KiddoCabbusses.)
11-19-2012 01:10 PM