Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister) · Back to NCFC
Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Danger, Bob-omb, Danger! - 3.4 Stars
ah2190 Offline

Danger, Bob-omb, Danger! - 3.4 Stars
Pros: Even though there is hardly any story, the plot - a single bob-omb is tired of Bowser Koopa using them as suside bombs, and desides to do something about it - is enough to allow the many levels that the demo had to offer.

Cons: Some of the stages can be hard at first, but once you learn the trick to doing it, they are easy.

Gameplay: For a game where you don't control the character directly, DBD has a few good elements, including the infamous yellow spin blocks, the coin blocks, the red blocks that can only move in a fixed zone, and the brick blocks that break after a short while.

Graphics: The graphics of DBD are kinda nice... especally when you botch up and explode!

Sound: The music that plays during DBD is fitting for each of the areas, and I especally like how the bob-omb has the boom SFX when you fail.

Replay: DBD doesn't fare well in this department, although additions such as a track of how many deaths it took to clear a level and/or how long it took to clear a level, as well as a Level Select screen (which is unlocked once you beat the game) will improve this.

Fun factor: Livestreaming DBD was, and forgive the pun, a blast. Figuring out the way in which you had to move the Bob-omb indirectly may be half the challenge, but even if you fail, you can laugh it off and use it to pass it next time.

Final Score

Gameplay - 70% (+0.7 Stars)
Graphics - 75% (+0.75 Stars)
Sound - 85% (+0.85 Stars)
Replay - 20% (+0.2 Stars)
Fun factor - 90% (+0.9 Stars)

Overall score: 68% - 3.4 Stars
10-27-2011 10:13 PM
Find all posts by this user
Superdimentiobros Offline

RE: Danger, Bob-omb, Danger! - 3.4 Stars
(10-27-2011 10:13 PM)ah2190 Wrote:  Pros: Even though there is hardly any story, the plot - a single bob-omb is tired of Bowser Koopa using them as suicide bombs, and desides to do something about it - is enough to allow the many levels that the demo had to offer.
That's hardly any story?
And that's the only pro?
Quote:Cons: Some of the stages can be hard at first, but once you learn the trick to doing it, they are easy.
That's a bad thing?
Quote:Gameplay: For a game where you don't control the character directly, DBD has a few good elements, including the infamous yellow spin blocks, the coin blocks, the red blocks that can only move in a fixed zone, and the brick blocks that break after a short while.
So... What exactly did you like, and what exactly didn't you like? Be specific.
And how are the yellow spin blocks infamous?

Quote:Graphics: The graphics of DBD are kinda nice... especially when you botch up and explode!
Again, be specific.

Quote:Sound: The music that plays during DBD is fitting for each of the areas, and I especially like how the bob-omb has the boom SFX when you fail.
See my above 2 comments.

Quote:Replay: DBD doesn't fare well in this department, although additions such as a track of how many deaths it took to clear a level and/or how long it took to clear a level, as well as a Level Select screen (which is unlocked once you beat the game) will improve this.
The level editor doesn't improve the replay?

I'm sorry but this review doesn't make much sense to me.

[Image: abductedtoadbanner.png]
Also MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and I HAVE A TUMBLR TOO
10-28-2011 03:57 PM
ah2190 Offline

RE: Danger, Bob-omb, Danger! - 3.4 Stars
There is no rule that states that I have to list EVERY pro/con or to be precise on any point, so I just chose one of each that I felt was the best. And I'm just saying that the difficulty can be uneven.

As for the Yellow Spin Block... see my Livestream of it. You'll understand why then.

And I didn't try the Level Editor, but then again that's not something I use.
10-28-2011 05:03 PM