Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister) · Back to NCFC
Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mega Man Battle Network Chrono X Review - 5 stars
Mudkipphone Offline

Mega Man Battle Network Chrono X Review - 5 stars
General Commentary/Overview: This game has the many aspects of a great game. A good storyline (a starting one, anyhoo), fast paced and addictive gameplay, good musical score and the graphics it employs fits the theme. That is to say, everything in this game is found in real Battle Network games and reminds me of it. This game does a good job of this.

Pros: Where do I begin? This game does many things well, even some things better than the actual series it’s based off of. For one, it actually is harder than the actual series, which is something I, and many fans have wanted. Every aspect of the battle system that is necessary to show in the demo has been replicated. I was blown away by the smoothness of the battles in this GameMaker game. The team behind this got several details way right. The start to this game is pretty faithful to where BN6 leaves off (it’s in between the ending and the Distant Finale), which is enough to get you thinking that this team knows what they’re doing.

Cons: My only complaint is that the demo wasn’t longer as I was having so much fun playing it. Can’t really fault that as it’s, well, a demo. The title screen could use a bit of a re-work, but the next demo has a better one, anyhow.

Gameplay: Your typical Battle network style gameplay replicated perfectly. As I’ve mentioned before, every nuance is created that’s relevant to a BN game’s first chapter. You fight using battlechips, which are your proverbial attacks. Each battlechip is varied and unique, giving you loads of combinations of attacks. Things like bombs, shields and cannons are the standard fare in the series, and some less common other attacks – like a candle that heals you.

Sound: The sound is ripped straight from the games to add to the Battle Network feel to it. You’ll find yourself loving the nice bit of nostalgia if you’re a returning fan. That’s not to say there aren’t new sounds to be had.

Replay: Sadly, there isn’t a whole lot of replay value to be had, but it’s a demo, so I didn’t expect much.

Final Words: Chrono X brings an enjoyable experience, one that is even more so if you’re a fan of the series. It gets many details right, and even adds some of its own. It made me realize how much I wish Capcom would continue this series. It’s polished, and while there are some flaws, I feel that they don’t really take away from anything as a whole. I look forward to playing their future demos, and eventually, the full release.

Final Score: 5 stars out of 5
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2011 10:43 PM by Kesha.)
10-28-2011 03:49 PM
Find all posts by this user