Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister) · Back to NCFC
Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mega Man Battle Network: Chrono X - 5 stars
NaziZombie Offline

Mega Man Battle Network: Chrono X - 5 stars
General Overview/Commentary: This game is an excellent take on the Battle network series and does a good job of continuing it. It gets every detail the series had, from the spriting style, right down to the series’ quirk of shortening characters. Some might argue that this is unnecessary, but it only adds to the overall feel and attention to detail. You take control of the series’ protagonists’: Lan Hikari and MegaMan.EXE. Together, they are supposed to stop any and all threats to a peaceful Net society.

Pros: They’ve added new content that fits well within the franchise it emulates. The game continues to grow, as do the possibilities of this game. A nice change is that it’s a bit more difficult that the real series. This makes plowing through the game that much more of a non-option, and can make the game feel longer, so long as the difficulty is reasonable.
The strategy of the series is still present as the battle system is also perfectly recreated. Fast-paced, fun, and strategic gameplay is what the BN series gives, and this game is no exception.
What makes this all impressive was that it was made from scratch in Game maker, rather than just a ROMhack.

Cons: There are some cons, yes. However, it’s nothing major; Just the occasional typo here and there and a rare bug. Nothing that really killed my mood a bit while playing.

Gameplay: The gameplay revolves around using moves called “Battlechips”, which are basically add-ons for MegaMan to use to delete viruses. Viruses are nasty enemies that, naturally, impede the operations of a computer system. Your job is to stop them and any hacker navis using your truty ol’ buster and these battlechips. Battlechips are varied and provide many ways to decimate your opponents. Players will enjoy finding new battlechips and adding them to their repertoire.

Sound: There is an all new soundtrack as well as new and old sound effects from the game. The soundtrack is good as it reminds me of the series. There’s a bit of work to be done for it to be considered of Capcom quality, but it wasn’t grating to listen to.

Final Words: In short, this game gets many things right when it comes to emulation. It doesn’t feel fanmade, it feels official, which is saying a lot. I have nothing but high hopes for this game. Good Job, MegaDudes Production, and I hope you finish.
Score: 5 stars out of 5
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2011 10:43 PM by Kesha.)
10-28-2011 05:50 PM
Find all posts by this user