Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dislikes on my Youtube uploads?
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

Dislikes on my Youtube uploads?
I've noticed that NCFC-related content was the first kind of Youtube upload I've done with any "Dislike" votes on my account whatsoever. Considering various factors, I'm led to believe that a couple of folks here may have done said votes.

Should I ask what is up with this? These "Dislikers" did not even leave comments explaining what they found wrong with the videos.

I'm particularly bothered by this because one of the "Disliked" videos was for the BS Zelda that was submitted into NCFC, and was simple gameplay footage. Did someone here seriously find something "wrong" with that?
11-18-2011 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user
onpon4 Offline

RE: Dislikes on my Youtube uploads?
YouTube videos tend to get dislikes. I'd bet they were just passers-by that expected something different. If you never got a dislike before that, consider yourself lucky. Winking

My website: https://onpon4.github.io

[Image: 590167.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2011 11:36 AM by onpon4.)
11-19-2011 11:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

While it's possible that it's just passer-bys, based on exactly what was "disliked" and when it happened I have reason to believe whoever these people were specifically came to check out the NCFC-related videos. I'm worried about the possibility that the dislikes were something reminiscent of the old NCFC "Like/Dislike" wars, where people manipulated up/downvotes.

I'd just like to remind those folks; this is my personal Youtube account. The "Likes/Dislikes" don't affect NCFC or the fangames; they affect me. If I wasn't already familiar with the above, I'd suspect the "Dislike" to be personal. Please do not "Dislike" my videos on Youtube without at least giving enough courtesy to let me know if I myself actually screwed them up.
11-19-2011 03:31 PM
onpon4 Offline

I don't mean to belittle you or anything, but I looked at some of your videos, and they don't have many votes at all. The most I saw was 5 likes. If this is a common occurance, that easily explains why you've never had a dislike before. Get 15+ votes and you'd be extremely lucky to have no dislikes at all.

I also looked at the livestream videos, and most had no votes at all. I just found 2 with any votes; one had a single like (which I know was from me) and the other had 2 likes and 2 dislikes.

It shouldn't really come as a surprise that people don't explain why they dislike a video. People come to YT for entertainment, not to be critical reviewers. There have been many times when I have come across a video, thought it was stupid, gave it a dislike, and went about my day.

I also think you're too concerned about a couple dislikes. :) My most viewed video also happens to be my most disliked, with 0 likes and 2 dislikes, and I recently got a rather friendly comment on that very video. Besides that, votes only affect individual videos, not your entire channel.

As for voting wars, I'd say that's an unfortunate side-effect of sides existing that can't be avoided. If you're worried about it or it becomes an issue, you might want to just disable voting. But I have a feeling that's not the case here.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2011 02:01 AM by onpon4.)
11-20-2011 01:56 AM
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

If I can do it on a video-by-video basis I may do it for future NCFC uploads.

Apologies if I seem alarmist; I probably wouldn't have brought it up here if it weren't for the "dislikes only for NCFC videos" pattern. I was concerned because of what I was told about previous NCFCers with their old voting wars.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2011 04:23 AM by KiddoCabbusses.)
11-20-2011 04:19 AM
onpon4 Offline

(11-20-2011 04:19 AM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote:  If I can do it on a video-by-video basis I may do it for future NCFC uploads.

That's the only way you can do it. :)

11-20-2011 10:38 AM
soulred12 Offline

Think of it this way--when would you be more likely to use comment vs. voting (if you could only choose one)? You'd comment when you liked the video (so the owner knew you praised them and could potentially view your videos in return), and thumbs-down if you didn't (so you're not identified when you are dong something that could spark revenge).

Also, a lot of people just click on all the videos they can find and down-vote them, whether out of jealousy or boredom. If you haven't had any until now you're probably just plain lucky. I know it looks bad when you don't have many votes because the red bar's bigger; but eventually you'll get more likes (if your videos are good; I haven't seen any of them) and it'll all balance itself out.

Megaman Battle Network Chrono X Official Musician
Visit: Our Site | Our Forums
Download Demo 3 today on the downloads page of our site.
Demo 4 coming very soon!!
11-20-2011 09:45 PM
DJ Yoshiman
Unregistered

yeah, man, don't worry about it

my most viewed YouTube video has 269,937 views so far, with every one saying it's the best thing ever, yet still manages to have 43 dislikes
11-21-2011 03:55 PM