NCFC Forums
Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister) · Back to NCFC
Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

An Easier Project / SHMUP
DeProgrammer Offline

An Easier Project / SHMUP
Would any GML / Java / C / C-like-language programmer wish to work on a relatively easy project?

Summary: I have a custom side-scrolling shoot-em-up game engine, and I am willing to share it under a few conditions. I am suggesting that someone utilize it to create a fan game.

A couple years ago, I built some game-focused systems from the ground up in C, and I forgot about it for a long time. In March, I found that project, fixed some previously baffling issues I had with it, and proceeded to create what I think is my overall best game ever in a matter of two weeks. The game is titled Military Entrance Mission and is a side-scrolling shoot-em-up. I was a little disappointed by the fact that it has only downloaded by about 25 people, because I am not particularly a fan of wasted effort. That is the reason for this post.

I feel the source code is well-written enough that understanding and modifying the gameplay should prove to be quite easy. I am offering the source code to individuals who wish to re-skin it as a fan game or an entirely new game. I am willing to support these individuals throughout the process, answering any questions that might come up.

If you are such an individual, check out the game, design a new game that you think would fit the engine well, and send the design to me. I will review projects as promptly as I can, provide feedback if I think changes to the design are necessary for it to work well with the current engine, and distribute the source code to those who have a sufficient design plan.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 10:34 PM by DeProgrammer.)
09-27-2012 10:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply