Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister) · Back to NCFC
Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Super Mario & The Elemental Orbs
WreckingGoomba Offline

Super Mario & The Elemental Orbs

Super Mario & The Elemental Orbs is a fangame made by WreckingGoomba, LSF Games, Pyro, MarioMan564 and our former composer Benjamin/smithuser. According to the myth, there are six Elemental Orbs hidden in the Mushroom World. Each orb contains special powers representing their elements. Unfortunately, Bowser has discovered them and now he is going to take over the Mushroom Kingdom! It's up to our red plumber to stop him!

Platform your way through a total of 22 levels in this NCFC-exclusive demo. Don't feel like taking on the challenge all on your own? Ask a friend and use the online multiplayer feature to beat those levels together! No third-party software is necessary, nor is port-forwarding, all you need to do is log in and you are done!

Getting tired of hearing that music track you've heard a thousand times before again? Choose your own music in the game's levels with the custom music feature! Any music file on your computer (.mp3, .wav or .mid) will do, so you can listen to your favourite music while playing your favourite level, the perfect combination!
(NOTE: it's currently not possible to change a boss, miniboss or boss story track due to lack of time, it will be there in the next demo)

We recommend downloading the music pack. I couldn't include it with the regular download because of the file size, but the music in the pack is way better than the regular MIDI music, and it is made by our former composer Benjamin/smithuser. All you need to do is extract the file in the same folder the regular Music folder is in (aka the game folder). Download it here.

So what are you waiting for? Hit that download button!

NOTE: We literally had to finish this demo in the very last minute, so we didn't have time to test it properly. If you encounter any bugs, please let us know.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6q7c5y...FC2014.zip

Criticism, feedback or ideas are always appreciated, so don't hestitate on giving your opinion!
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 03:28 PM by WreckingGoomba.)
11-03-2014 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

RE: Super Mario & The Elemental Orbs
The gameplay was fairly simple and solid Mario.

If you'll remember, I had some issues with the online when I tried this at NCFC. Hopefully this all gets fixed.

The most notable issue I have with the mechanics off the top of my head is that the hi-jump powerup and the tornado powerup don't seem to be too functionally different in use.

Also, maybe King Mole Ghost could have a hintbox for his weakness.
11-08-2014 04:16 AM
WreckingGoomba Offline

RE: Super Mario & The Elemental Orbs
Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into them.
As for the online, it never gave me problems, and so far you were the only one to experience those. I will do some more intensive testing and see if I can manage to get these errors too, and if I do get them, I will probably use Hamachi/portforwarding instead of GMServer.
11-08-2014 03:16 PM