Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mario Party
Wiiboy4ever Offline

Rainbow Mario Party
Hi, all!

Hate to be that guy, but... I've been meaning to make a topic for this for some time. And hopefully others will too so I'm not the only one.
*ahem*

Anyway,

[Image: vhbMv7K.png]
Title: Mario Party (tentative)
Genre: Party/mini-game
Modes: Single-player/multi-player
Native resolution: 480x360

Controls:
  • Format: Up, Down, Left, Right, Button 1, Button 2
  • Player 1: Up Arrow, Down Arrow, Left Arrow, Right Arrow, Shift, Control
  • Player 2: W, S, A, D, Q, E
  • Player 3: T, G, F, H, R, Y
  • Player 4: I, K, J, L, U, O
  • Hotkeys: F4=Toggle fullscreen, Escape=Quit game

Features:
  • Four playable characters
  • Four mini games
  • Two minigame types (4 player and 2-Vs.-2)
  • The ability to choose the roles in 2-Vs.-2 minigames where applicable
  • Up to four-player multi-player
  • COM-only matches
  • Sixty frames per second framerate

Playable characters:
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Wario

Image gallery: (external links)
General info:
This game is a WIP. I repeat, a WIP. Ergo, it is unfinished. This is really more of a tech demo than anything. However, it still functions, and it is more "complete" than what I've showcased previously, and I'm still making pretty good progress. In short, this is a taste of what's to come in the final release sometime in the future.

In the main screen, press Button 2 to access an options menu to change the setup of the game. Press Button 2 again to exit the menu. By default, the game is set to single-player.

The data fore this game is stored the "data.ini" file in the directory of the .exe file. It doesn't store much info now because of how early in progress the game is. You'd also probably be better off not doing anything to the file, just FYI. Winking

Download: (external link)
Website link

Credits: (external link)
Website link

Known problems/bugs/oversights/limitations:
  • There is no story to showcase. I have a story in mind, but I haven't implemented anything so far.
  • Although the game runs at 60 fps, it only runs at 60 fps. I'd like the game to have an option to alter between some lower framerates, but I really don't know how to do that in the tool that I created this with WITHOUT making major changes to the game engine.
  • Some of the graphics and/or music is really ugly tbh. Haven't quite gotten the MLBIS style under my belt yet. Worried
  • The minigame instruction screens may lag for some. There's a lot of drawn text in those menus, which I believe is the culprit for the lagging. Hopefully shouldn't cause any major concern.
  • The "Breaking Out" minigame has bad collision.
  • The "Pop Shots" minigame sometimes has room for improvement in terms of RNG.
  • I haven't implemented all tie mechanics for the minigames, so if you get a glitch where there is supposed to be a dead tie and the game doesn't recognize it, that's why.
  • The AI players don't strategize. Like, at all.
  • There is no character select because that's already in the main menu that is not shown here. As a result, the characters are pre-generated. The only way to get around this is to bring up the setup menu and manually change them. Sorry in advance.
    Also, because it's more of a debug menu of sorts, the game will allow you to select duplicate characters. This is intentional because it's an early release.
  • Since I did not have enough time to do so, the controls thus far are not configurable. So, the only way to take full advantage of the multiplayer for now is to use any gamepad peripherals and map them to the keyboard using Xpadder or similar software. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • There is no pause feature.

That seems like a lot, but I promise it's more enjoyable than it sounds! Unless you just hate unfinished products and/or have a laptop, in which case, I'm very sorry. :(
    If you encounter any other issues, feel free to let me know.
That's it! Have fun! or try to, at least
Also, please leave any comments, suggestions, or criticism below!
08-24-2015 04:52 AM
Find all posts by this user