NCFC Forums

Full Version: Registrations now open!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(11-10-2012, 12:44 PM)onpon4 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, rather than going through figuring out how to livestream on Windows, I think I'd rather just use text chat for comments, and show the code using an external service. I've changed my workshop to a chatroom one.

Does anyone know of a service kind of like PasteBin, but that allows live edits? Your World Of Text will work OK, so I guess I'll use that if not (and post the code on PasteBin periodically), but something more like a text editor, maybe that offers syntax highlighting, would be better.

Google Drive (formerly Google Docs) allows you to create a document and work on it live with other people.
(11-10-2012, 02:42 PM)Elyk Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2012, 12:44 PM)onpon4 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, rather than going through figuring out how to livestream on Windows, I think I'd rather just use text chat for comments, and show the code using an external service. I've changed my workshop to a chatroom one.

Does anyone know of a service kind of like PasteBin, but that allows live edits? Your World Of Text will work OK, so I guess I'll use that if not (and post the code on PasteBin periodically), but something more like a text editor, maybe that offers syntax highlighting, would be better.

Google Drive (formerly Google Docs) allows you to create a document and work on it live with other people.

So, to clarify, when I make changes, people viewing it will see the change immediately?
(11-10-2012, 03:10 PM)onpon4 Wrote: [ -> ]So, to clarify, when I make changes, people viewing it will see the change immediately?
Yes. You can also allow other people to make changes that everyone will see immediately.

Alright. Google Drive doesn't support Python scripts natively apparently, but the editor for Google Apps scripts will work just fine (if a bit tedious because of the way it auto-indents), so unless there's something more generic, I'll use that.
onpon, if it's of any help, I can just arrange for a pre-recorded video to show on the Livestream at that time.
(11-10-2012, 03:56 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote: [ -> ]onpon, if it's of any help, I can just arrange for a pre-recorded video to show on the Livestream at that time.

No, thank you, I'd rather do it on the spot so it's interactive. Plus, pre-recorded videos are a ton of work, I really couldn't do that for such a huge topic in one day.

DJ Yoshiman

All else fails, go with a PowerPoint presentation.
(11-10-2012, 05:10 PM)DJ Yoshiman Wrote: [ -> ]All else fails, go with a PowerPoint presentation.

I don't use Powerpoint. I use LibreOffice Impress. ;)

So, now that I'm going to be using a chatroom, how is that going to work? Hopefully no Adobe Flash is needed?
The chatroom is on IRC, so I assume you'll just be IRC chatting...
(11-10-2012, 10:23 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote: [ -> ]The chatroom is on IRC, so I assume you'll just be IRC chatting...

Alright, that's perfect.
Pages: 1 2 3