NCFC Forums

Full Version: Say hello to Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Once again, Hello is bringing a new Mario game to NCFC. This new Sneak Peek shows Super Mario Dynamo, a project that almost, just almost, seems like a more traditional Mario game than what you'd expect from him. And then he makes you slide into spikes to pass an obstacle. Go fig. :P
(10-24-2014, 01:10 AM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote: [ -> ]And then he makes you slide into spikes to pass an obstacle.
You're not supposed to... Straight Face
I think the lighting might be too dark. But everything else looks pretty interesting.
(10-24-2014, 02:01 AM)Hello Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2014, 01:10 AM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote: [ -> ]And then he makes you slide into spikes to pass an obstacle.
You're not supposed to... Straight Face

You know, people would criticize you less over intentionally sadistic level design if you didn't try to deny that that was the intent.

As you could see in the gameplay video, all my first thoughts as to how to progress past that part were not options - You could see in the video that I tried spinjumping to crush the blocks (Something that should have at least destroyed those blocks in a traditional Mario), hitting the switch from a distance with my hammers, and going in the pipes. Furthermore, if this wasn't the intent of the level design, you'd have made the spikes insta-kill to drive that point home.
Wa...

OMG, HELLO MADE A PLATFORMER WHICH IS NOT A CLONE! It looks pretty original.
Huh? I'm pretty sure that's the usual case among the ones I've seen...
Eh, a lot of level design that is made, you should have more than one people looking at your own oversights. It helps.