Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGE 2011 Collab\Panels\Another Promotion Opportunity for You
Shadix Offline

Threads: 1
SAGE 2011 Collab\Panels\Another Promotion Opportunity for You
Hey guys I'm Shadix from your guys' sister site SFGHQ. Yoshiman told me to hit up the boards and see what was going on.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTIwHGN39DM

As you may know we put an event on each year called SAGE which is pretty similar to NCFC in that its a fangaming expo. Basically, I want to help give you guys another chance to promote your games and a chance to promote your event.

In exchange though, well, quite frankily, I've been looking for talented individuals that can put on "panels" demonstrating fangaming concepts from the ground up, particularly if you use gamemaker or other tools. We have a videostream powered by livestream this year where we're going to be streaming events and it would allow you alot of power to demonstrate fangaming concepts in front of an audience.

Our registration deadline is up but we may still be able to squeeze you in if you want to hold a booth. While a "sonic" expo we've always allowed all sorts of non-sonic games to register. Guidelines on that can be seen at http://www.sagexpo.org/

Quote:UPDATED 14 SEPT. 2011

Registrations now open!
Registration requires the following materials:

Booth banner: 200 x 40 No borders! (Please attach to registration e-mail)
Booth URL - If you don't have one yet that's fine, but you'll need to get that sorted by Sept. 17
Your booth will be displayed in an iframe 390 high by 625 wide. We encourage you to include a splash page to fit within this space with a link to open your main page in a new window.

E-mail your banner and page URL to [email protected] by September 14th! UPDATE: We're extending the regitration deadline! Originally it was a concern that the site would need additional tweaking time, so we wanted to give ourselves a few days to work it out - but things panned out and we're pretty confident we can extend the registration deadline. Just try to send us your info before SAGE starts, okay?

Shadix is looking for short commercials for your projects to play during SAGECasts. If you want one, record yourself a quick ear-catcher (30 seconds or less if you can) and send it as a WAV file to [email protected]. Remember, the idea is to keep them short and consise. E-mail Shadix for more details and advice. Limit one per project, please!

SAGE takes place September 18th -24th. We would really like to see you guys there and extend an olive branch of sorts between our communities.

I can be contacted:
Email: [email protected]
AIM: shadixep

Let me know if your interested in conducting a panel and I can give you the run down on our tools and our schedule.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2011, 12:33 PM by Shadix.)
09-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Find
Kesha Offline
Head Director

Threads: 48
RE: SAGE 2011 Collab\Panels\Another Promotion Opportunity for You
Sounds pretty interesting, so I'm going to move this to the news forum so more people will hopefully notice it.
09-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

Threads: 72
Posting this since SAGE has officially ended.

During SAGExpo I used the SAGETV to do Livestream playthoughs quasi-"Let's Play"-style, of the various Sonic Fangames featured during SAGExpo. They were pretty well-received and I got a "Special Thanks" on post-SAGE messages for it.

Is there any room open for me to do a similar thing for NCFC as well? Any details would be appreciated. Thank you.
09-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Find
DJ Yoshiman

(09-27-2011, 12:15 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote: Posting this since SAGE has officially ended.

During SAGExpo I used the SAGETV to do Livestream playthoughs quasi-"Let's Play"-style, of the various Sonic Fangames featured during SAGExpo. They were pretty well-received and I got a "Special Thanks" on post-SAGE messages for it.

Is there any room open for me to do a similar thing for NCFC as well? Any details would be appreciated. Thank you.
That would be radical - if you could set up a Livestream account and create a topic, I'd be happy to sticky that topic for you.
09-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Kesha Offline
Head Director

Yeah that sounds really cool, definitely interested in seeing that if you're up to doing it.
09-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

Hmm. So there isn't a channel that's been set already? Well, I'll see what I can do, then.

I hope if I can set up the Livestream Channel there would be more users using it to stream things as well. SAGExpo made good use of it for following events such as the Arc Impulse concert and the Naoto Oshima interview. If more people volunteer for this, it'd be nice to set up things such as a set of guidelines to follow when streaming and an off-stream for when no one is using it.
09-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Find
Kesha Offline
Head Director

If you really want to run an official NCFC livestream channel (for events other than your own thing) then we could probably work out some guidelines and have you take that as an official position if you want. I don't know if any of the other staff are experts at livestream (I sure am not) but if you got some great ideas and know your way around it that's definitely something we could look forward to.
09-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Find
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

I've currently got an unverified channel set up here;
http://www.livestream.com/ncfc2011

Currently blank at the moment. Hopefully by the time the event rolls it'll have a series of off-stream things ready. Anyone got any game trailers to donate?

09-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Find
DJ Yoshiman

09-28-2011, 05:27 PM