FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Submission Guidelines
Kesha Offline
Head Director

Threads: 48
Submission Guidelines
I promise registration is coming soon- not only have we changed the forum software, but we have a whole new backend in the works for the site this year so the wait will be worth it!

But, to get you all prepared, here are the submission guidelines for booths:
  • Booths and games must be related to Nintendo in some way. Either it can be based off of one of Nintendo's first party intellectual properties, or a game series that has appeared exclusively on a Nintendo console at one point. Examples would be something like a Mario or Castlevania fangame, and something we wouldn't accept would be something like a Call of Duty fan game.
  • Booths and games must not contain adult content (nudity, etc.)
  • Booths must not contain illegal content such as commercial ROMs or commercial PC games without the distributor's permission. Game mods and rom patches are OK.
  • Booths and games should be optimized as much as they can. If you are using huge WAV files for music, or resized a whole bunch of pictures to include, you need to change that.
  • File formats for game downloads should be ZIP, RAR, or 7Z. These are compressed folders, if you need a program to compress your game or decompress these files, try 7-zip.
  • File should be virus-checked and not contain any adware/malware.

Highly recommended that games be very creative or do something unexpected with what they're based on, but since this is a pretty subjective requirement, it's just a recommendation. Winking

WORKSHOPS ARE IMPORTANT TOO, we didn't get many submissions last year so here's what a workshop entails:
DJ Yoshiman Wrote:In terms of workshops, we're looking for ideal individuals with extensive knowledge of their topic, to share and teach others these concepts. Whatever medium is necessary, as long as it is accessible by attendees, and you are comfortable using it.

Any other questions, be sure to post them here! I may have missed something important, so if I did, be sure to bring it to my attention.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2011, 10:59 AM by Kesha.)
10-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Find
SovietShark Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Submission Guidelines
(10-02-2011, 10:22 AM)Kesha Wrote: [*]Booths and games must be related to Nintendo in some way. Either it can be based off of one of Nintendo's first party intellectual properties, or a game series that has appeared exclusively on a Nintendo console at one point. Examples would be something like a Mario or Castlevania fangame, and something we wouldn't accept would be something like a Madden fan game.

What if I made a throwback to the old Maddens that were only on Nintendo consoles, like Madden '95?
EDIT: My bad, I thought they were only for SNES for some reason. Redacted.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2011, 04:35 PM by SovietShark.)
10-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Find
Kesha Offline
Head Director

(10-02-2011, 10:35 AM)SovietShark Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 10:22 AM)Kesha Wrote: [*]Booths and games must be related to Nintendo in some way. Either it can be based off of one of Nintendo's first party intellectual properties, or a game series that has appeared exclusively on a Nintendo console at one point. Examples would be something like a Mario or Castlevania fangame, and something we wouldn't accept would be something like a Madden fan game.

What if I made a throwback to the old Maddens that were only on Nintendo consoles, like Madden '95?
That'd be fine of course, I was just trying to think of a series that's basically always multi-platform and that was the first to come to mind lol
10-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Find
Black Squirrel Offline
Site Designer

Threads: 2
(10-02-2011, 10:35 AM)SovietShark Wrote:

I don't think there's ever been a Madden game released exclusively on a Nintendo console... bar Madden Football 64.

Madden NFL 95 will have been ported from the Sega Mega Drive.
[Image: 9328_s.png]
10-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Website Find
Wiiboy4ever Offline

Threads: 5
Sorry for sounding dumb but this whole thing is confusing. What exactly do I have to do to participate in this? And how do I like, set up a "booth"? I want to take part in this but I need a point in the right direction first, and I don't want to screw things up and wait a whole nother 365 days. :(

Detailed answers please Big Grin
10-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Find
Kesha Offline
Head Director

A booth is a small website to promote your project. You can create this on your own, or use the NCFC software to assist you. When registration is open, you can submit your booth (or create one with the NCFC site when those tools are available) and it'll be part of the convention as long as it meets the requirements. Forum threads are acceptable as booths as well, we've had a few of those before- but honestly I think there's a bit of fun in developing your own site for your game.

If you want some examples, just check out last year's booths.
10-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Find
Wiiboy4ever Offline

Okay thanks but I'm still a little confused.

What does the booth have to contain? Some pictures or something? A link to download the game? And how do we submit it to the NCFC, by posting a thread and giving a link to the website? Also when is the deadline for submitting your game, like October 23?
10-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Find
Kesha Offline
Head Director

There will be a way to submit it on the site, called registration or something similar, it's not up yet.

Booth can be whatever you want as long as its about your game and doesn't break any of the rules... screenshots, trailers, and game downloads (demos or full games) is recommended... like I said before, if you want examples, just check out last year's booths.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2011, 05:05 PM by Kesha.)
10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Find
Wiiboy4ever Offline

kk thanks a ton :)
10-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Find
rcmero Offline

On crossover games, if all the categories are on NCFC, which one should we choose? (For instance, my fangame falls within the Mario and Earthbound categories, and I don't know which to choose.)
[Image: SEB_logo.png]
[Image: jzk1lx2mc9lu-1.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011, 11:53 AM by rcmero.)
10-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Website Find
Emperor Offline
Site Tech

Threads: 16
If it's split pretty evenly among the categories in terms of content, I'd go with the Miscellaneous category, though you could really choose either. In the end it's up to you.
10-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Find
rcmero Offline

If we use the NCFC booth design but use an external link to post game files, does the size limitation remain?
[Image: SEB_logo.png]
[Image: jzk1lx2mc9lu-1.gif]
10-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Website Find
Emperor Offline
Site Tech

Threads: 16
You can go ahead and link to files greater than the size limit, it's only to cap uploads that go straight to our server.
10-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Find