FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCFC 2017 preliminary information.
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

Threads: 72
NCFC 2017 preliminary information.
Well, I think it's about time I got this news post ready. Here goes!

To start, I got multiple requests to put NCFC back around the late October date, and, well, this year I've caved.

NCFC 2017 will be on October 30, 2017. (And by that I mean it starts that day and ends November 3rd, for a 5-day event.)

I hope to have a Nintendo Switch-related theme ready for it. Gotta ride that success wave after all, huh? :)

On that note, while this isn't finalized I am kinda hoping I can have a layout this year that isn't a mere graphics swap of last year's. For that I MIGHT have a new staff member ready, but the details are not finalized so I am not bolding anything there.

I also have one other important thing I am planning this time.

Last year, I was hoping to officially retire the IRC chatroom for several reasons, but could not do it properly in that time frame as there were several more important things pressing for my time. But this year, it's going to be settled.

Expect the IRC chatroom section to be retired before the event begins.

Currently I plan for chatroom-based activity to be in a new NCFC Discord group (the previous one, well... weird things happened). While last year a discord group was handed out through private messages, this year I'm going to see if I can have it be slightly more open. Hopefully everyone will behave now, yes?

(Of course, due to the nature of IRC, if you manage to remember where that chatroom is you are still free to go there. But I will not be maintaining or operating it any further.)

Other plans will be sorted out as the event draws closer to beginning.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me on the forums, I will get to them in due time!

Staff Members whom I haven't contacted yet; PM me for Discord chat access.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2017, 01:01 AM by KiddoCabbusses.)
07-27-2017, 01:00 AM
Find
PJCLink Offline

Threads: 4
RE: NCFC 2017 preliminary information.
I happy to confirm that I will show something off this year. I don't know if it will be LoZ: Time Crystal or something new. But I know that Netherforce Shards is still far from ready to be seen again. Netherforce Shards is going through drastic changes yet again. While Time Crystal will only be receiving a smaller change. Here's the way things are shaping up right now:

- Netherforce Shards = 0% chance of presence - 64% complete
- Time Crystal = 25% chance of presence - 81% complete
- New (quicker to make) Game = 100% chance of presence - 5% complete

That said, I think it's very much more likely that I work on a new game that will be present. I just hope that I can cook something up within the whole time of next month and the month after. Anyways, whatever I end up showing off, I hope everyone here will enjoy it! Happy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I make Zelda fan fics!
08-26-2017, 08:50 PM
Find
onpon4 Offline

Threads: 8
I'll probably have three booths this year. One would just be ReTux again (I re-released it for free this year), but the other two would be brand new games. One is ready (Tangomon), one isn't quite yet (Hexoshi). Hexoshi is the most interesting since it was started because of the whole AM2R take-down scandal.

I might also be interested in streaming again this year, though due to a lack of time I'll only be able to do it once or twice for a short while, probably.
09-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Website Find
PJCLink Offline

Threads: 4
After watching these two videos:

I can't help but feel scared as all hell of Nintendo and their cruel, dream crushing lawyers! I'm sorry to say this guys, I never wanted to face the truth and admit it, but, at this point, I don't know if I can run from it anymore. I really hate to say this, but making fan works and fan-fiction is still illegal and against the law, and to protect myself, I unfortunately can't ever fulfill my dreams of releasing my own Zelda fan games.

There, I said it. No matter how long I can spend fantasizing about the "what if", the reality is never going to change that I'm never going to feel the fulfillment of actually getting finished fan works out there. Ever fan fiction project I've made or worked on has always been left unfinished, ever since I stopped continuing work on my Zelda fan series on youtube called "Revenge of Dark Link". All because "scares" from bills being passed, the release of Hyrule Historia, and fan projects being taken down, my anxiety just continues to build up more and more. I become more and more scared of failing to launch my fan works. I become afraid of being in trouble with the law or being hated on.

I'm sorry everyone. But I just can't do this anymore. I might end up making a youtube video about me quitting fan fiction project making all together. Literally, the only thing I can legally make is indie/original games. However, I lack all sorts of motivation for that. I'm too much into Zelda and Metroid lately. If I even tried to make something original, it'll only just make me wish I was working on something Zelda or Metroid related instead. Especially with my withdrawal issues and always wanting more.

It's this moment, when I truly realize how much better my life was a decade ago. I was happier. And I didn't even care about stupid copyright law nonsense. I still kept pressing forward, no matter what. That said, I really miss those days. If I had the chance to relive those days, maybe even make them better than before, I'd take that chance in a heartbeat! But sadly, I'm stuck living in a world were and law and order against fandom is even more strict than ever, unfortunately.

And with all that said. I'll still be here to show support. But I just don't think I can ever stomach or find the guts to stand up against this strict law and order business now. It's getting way too scary for me handle. I don't even know if I want to continue to call myself a Nintendo fan. Please understand and spread the word. This stuff needs to be heard.

Nintendo needs to know about the kind of serious impact this copyright stuff has on their fans!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I make Zelda fan fics!
09-17-2017, 02:20 AM
Find