NCFC Forums
Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister) · Back to NCFC
Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On what would classify as a "DMCA risk".
PJCLink Offline

Threads: 4
RE: On what would classify as a "DMCA risk".
(09-10-2016, 04:47 PM)KiddoCabbusses Wrote:
  • Is this project based on a first-party Nintendo or Game Freak IP? (The answer is most likely yes, but believe it or not, one of the people who have asked me is an exception to this!)
  • Is this project a remake of a preexistiing commercial game?
  • Is this project directly assets from a preexisting commercial game with little to no modification? (Particularly in a manner where they are easy to spot)
  • Is the project of a quality level that could be seen as competing with the commercial games?
  • Is the project one that has a lot of social media attention already? If not, how likely is it that it could suddenly gain such attention, especially if in a way that one person can't control?
  • Is the project on gamejolt? And/or is the project being monetized in any manner otherwise?

Both my Netherforce Shards and Time Crystal Zelda fangames answer yes to question number one (top one) obviously. Also, no for number 5 (second to bottom one), no for number 6 (bottom one), no for number 2. Mostly only Time Crystal says yes for number 3, though Netherforce Shards also uses a pre-existing asset, it is more custom graphically than Time Crystal.

And I'm not sure how to answer to number 4. Mainly cause I'm sure I know what you mean by that question. Do you mean the quality of present and known upcoming games of today, or all existing games, past, present, and currently known upcoming?

Also, do you think my think my fangames would be fine for NCFC this year?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I make Zelda fan fics!
09-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: On what would classify as a "DMCA risk". - by PJCLink - 09-12-2016, 11:17 PM