NCFC Forums
Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister) · Back to NCFC
Search · Member List · Calendar · HelpUser CP
FORUMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On what would classify as a "DMCA risk".
KiddoCabbusses Offline
Head Director

Threads: 72
RE: On what would classify as a "DMCA risk".
(09-12-2016, 07:33 PM)CM30 Wrote: Can you clarify some of these points?

One of the unfortunate things with this whole situation is that it is really hard to clarify and, quite frankly, at the end I'll probably have to consider each entry on a case-by-case basis anyway. I was just hoping to see whether that post would bring up some quality discussion on the manner.

AM2R and Pokemon Uranium ultimately got DMCA'd because they had a huge public social media reception, so I was hoping I could deal with just having NCFC be very down-low this year. However, after the gamejolt DMCAs, I feel like simply running the event at all is a risk (And there are several parties that I would have wanted to invite this year which I ultimately canceled plans on because of DMCA concerns, as well). If I didn't have personal/sentimental investments in making the event happen, I'd probably have canceled it. But as-is, I'm seeing this through and hoping for the best.

I'm sorry that I can't be more clear on this. It's because of the context of the situation, and the hope that next year we will not have to worry about this.
09-14-2016, 11:17 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: On what would classify as a "DMCA risk". - by KiddoCabbusses - 09-14-2016, 11:17 PM